The Scottish Salmon Company
Lochlander Salmon is a new Scottish Salmon brand developed specifically with top U.S. chefs, restaurateurs, hoteliers and premium food service in mind.
Output : print / digital / branding / packaging
After extensive market research by Ipsos, The Scottish Salmon Company and Lawrence Creative elected ‘Lochlander’ to be the brand name for their Superior Sea Loch Fresh Scottish Salmon which is primarily targeted towards North American consumers.
The market research identified the following:
- Lochlander is a powerful name befitting a premium branded salmon with Scottish Provenance
- Chefs want reassurance about where and how their salmon are farmed.
- Chefs like the idea of ‘raised’ salmon, implying responsible care and time
- They want to know about animal husbandry; both in terms of care and feed.
- Chefs demand ethically raised salmon from clean environments
- Passionate farmers underscore commitment to care producing vigorous, healthy salmon
For the launch of Lochlander, Lawrence Creative produced numerous
thought provoking and audience captivating collateral material including
packaging, website design and development, print and digital adverts.
To reinforce the superior quality of Lochlander Salmon to the North American market we devised several campaign tag lines;
Worth the Wait
Raising the Standard
It’s About Time
In October 2018 Lochlander was nominated as finalist in three categories at this year’s The Drum B2B Brave Awards.
Lochlander will compete for the title of Best Brand Campaign, Best Product Launch Campaign, and Best ROI campaign.
The campaign behind the new export brand has helped SSC raise its profile in the North American seafood market and reinforced the company’s commitment to guaranteed Scottish provenance.